Somewhere in Time (1980)
US Lincoln cent from 1979 sends a man through time
The 1980 Universal Pictures film "Somewhere in Time" shows a 1979 US Lincoln cent.
(Jane Seymour) and travels back in time from 1980 to 1912 to meet her.
1. Richard looking at hotel history room exhibit
This fantasy film stars Christopher Reeve as Richard Collier, a modern-day (1979 playwright and
Jane Seymour as Elise McKenna, a young stage actress in 1912.
He wanders through the hotels "history room" containing exhibits from the past.
He sees the picture of a beautiful woman on the wall and asks who she is.
Richard immediately falls in love, and decides to "will" himself back in time to 1912.
immerse himself in things of the past.
Richard buys a 1912-style suit and some 1912 money from a coin shop.
He divests himself of modern items, including money.
They begin a romance, but her manager gets jealous and tries to break it up.
which sends him back to the present.
2. The picture of Elise which inspires Richard
Later he is present when the photograph is taken in 1912.
3. The coin shop where Richard buys some 1912 period money
What items he buys are not shown.
4. Richard checks his clothes for modern items
He finds some modern coins and puts them in a closet.
5. Richard meets Elise in 1912
6. Richard demonstrates how things can be hidden in suits of the period
He finds something unpleasant.
7. A 1979 Lincoln cent
8. Richard is in shock
The modern penny breaks his connection with 1912.
9. They meet again in the next world
The producers made an enlarged penny as a prop for the film but it was not used.
10. DVD Extras - Enlarged penny prop
Christopher Reeve as Richard Collier
Jane Seymour as Elise McKenna
Christopher Plummer as William Fawcett Robinson
Teresa Wright as Laura Roberts
Writers: Richard Matheson, Richard Matheson (novel)