Seven Years in Tibet (1997)
The 1997 TriStar Pictures film "Seven Years in Tibet" shows some British India coins,
including one with Queen Victoria on it, and possibly some Indian temple tokens and Tibetan coins.
in British India and later escaped from a detention camp in 1944.
He found refuge in Tibet as an instructor to the young Dalai Lama.
The film stars Brad Pitt as Austrian mountain climber Heinrich Harrer who heads to British India in 1939
to join a German expedition to climb the Himalayan peak Nanga Parbat.
Harrer and fellow climber Peter Aufschnaiter escape in 1944 and head for Tibet.
2. Harrer on train leaving Vienna
3. Climbing Nanga Parbat
4. POW camp guards escorting Harrer to barracks
5. After his escape, Harrer approaches Indian temple in the dark
6. While looking for food, Harrer approaches idol
7. Temple coins in dish closeup
The coins appear to be British India or temple tokens, one has Queen Victoria on it.
8. A British India coin, one rupee Queen Victoria 1882
9. Tibet capital Lhasa, the Potala building, home of the child Lama
10. A Tibet coin, 3 srang 1935
11. Harrer meets the child Lama
12. Harrer teaching the child Lama geography
13. Harrer leaves Tibet after Chinese invasion
Brad Pitt as Heinrich Harrer
David Thewlis as Peter Aufschnaiter
Jamyang Jamtsho Wangchuk as Dalai Lama
Writers: Becky Johnston, Heinrich Harrer (book)