The 1997 Twentieth Century Fox film "Titanic" showed some British coins of the early 1900's,
along with a famous scene with a US Barber dime.
who become lovers during the brief April 1912 voyage before the ship strikes an iceberg and sinks.
Later, on the ship, Kate gives Leonardo a dime which is shown.
1. In England, American Jack Dawson is gambling for a ticket back to America
"Titanic" is a 1997 film which tells the story of the ill-fated 1912 passenger ship.
The film was a Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and Paramount Pictures production.
and Billy Zane as "Cal Hockley"
The film was produced and directed by James Cameron.
The gambling scene shows some British coins on a table, silver shillings and florins, and
copper pennies, some early and late Victorian.
Rose and Jack begin a romance, and Jack tells Rose that he painted portraits for dimes.
Barber dimes are named after the designer Charles E. Barber and were issued from 1882 to 1916.
2. On the table are some British coins from the late 1800's and early 1900's
Included are Victoria and Edward VII pennies.
3. He wins the ticket
4. On the ship, he meets Rose Bukater and they immediately begin a romance
This scene is one the most well-known from the film.
5. Jack and Rose in her cabin
Jack told Rose that he had lived in Paris as an artist and painted portraits for dimes.
6. Rose asks Jack to paint her portrait and gives him a dime, a "Barber" type
The date on the dime is hard to read.
7. A "Barber" Dime, 1911-S (San Francisco)
8. Cal, Rose's discarded fiancee, decides to handle things the "old fashioned way"
Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Dawson
Kate Winslet as Rose DeWitt Bukater
Billy Zane as Caledon 'Cal' Hockley
Kathy Bates as Molly Brown
Writer: James Cameron